The cost of a funeral is, loosely speaking, made up of three parts;
- Our Professional Services charge (plus choice of coffin)
- The Disbursements that we will pay on your behalf (crematorium fees, officiant, doctors etc.)
- Any additional services (Additional limousines, Printed Orders of Service, flowers, death announcements etc.)
Our professional services charge:
This includes taking care of all necessary legal and administrative arrangements, staff on -call 24 hours a day, bringing your loved one into our care* and all care and preparation associated with their care, use of the Chapel of Rest and equipment, help and advice on funeral related products and services. Provision of Hearse, Funeral Director and all staff for the day of the funeral.
*mileage restrictions may apply in some cases
Choices of coffin
(Not all coffins are suitable for burial, some burial grounds have restrictions on types of coffin construction)
Solid Oak or Mahogany coffin
The finest, sustainably managed and sourced, solid wood coffin with decorative, pressed side-panels and a double or raised lid, fitted with three pairs of brass effect handles and inscribed nameplate.
Oak or mahogany veneered coffin
Fitted with three pairs of brass effect handles and inscribed nameplate. Gloss finish
Elm veneer coffin
Fitted with three pairs of brass effect handles and inscribed nameplate
Oak foil coffin
Fitted with three pairs of brass effect handles. Suitable for burial or cremation
Other Natural product coffins
(inc. wicker, bamboo, plain un-varnished wood, wool and many others. Please ask for more details.
Picture, coloured and photograph coffins, inc. cardboard construction (Please ask for more details)
*All pictures are representative only and an exact match is not possible in many cases.
**Flowers pictured are not included
Cremation without Ceremony and Simple funerals
Cremation without Ceremony/Direct Cremation – £1,550 inclusive (payment in advance)
This Service Includes:
- Bringing the deceased into our care. From the place of death within the local area to our premises (25 mile radius from any of our offices).
- Funeral Director. Making the necessary arrangements, giving guidance on registration and other documents.
- Provision of a suitable coffin.
- A suitable vehicle and bearers. To convey the deceased to the Crematorium.
- All necessary Third Party Fees. Crematorium and doctor’s fees where applicable.
This Service does not include:
- Mourner attendance at the crematorium
- A funeral cortege to travel to the Crematorium
- A minister or officiant
- Visiting the chapel of rest
- Placing a newspaper announcement
- Ordering Flowers
- Sharing details of service time and location
- Video link/on-line streaming services
- Music being played
However…..You may want to make separate arrangements for a memorial service. This could be at any venue of your choice with a celebrant, minister or friend saying a few words and could include music or hymns as you wish. This could take place either before the cremation takes place or afterwards with the ashes present at the service.
The Simple Funeral – £2,995.00 inclusive (payment in advance)
This service includes:
- Bringing the deceased into our care From the place of death within the local area to our premises (25 mile radius from any of our offices).
- Funeral Director Making the necessary arrangements, giving guidance on registration and other documents and conducting the funeral.
- Care of the person who has died
- A Simple coffin Fitted for cremation.
- Hearse & Bearers Hearse to travel to the Crematorium or cemetery in Plymouth with the necessary bearers.
- Viewing at the Chapel of rest During normal office hours, by appointment.
- All necessary Third Party Fees Crematorium/cemetery, officiant and/or doctors where applicable
The Simple Funeral does not include:
- Cars for the family – which are available at an additional charge of £250 per limousine.
- A service at a church or place of worship
- Any additional services, such as ordering flowers, placing a newspaper announcement or arranging Orders of Service
- Crematorium services – such as video-link/on-link streaming or electronic photograph collage displays
Richard and his team are consummate professionals who supported us at the most challenging of times.
When Mum passed, you were an absolute Godsend to me. You helped more than I could have expected
Nothing was too much trouble.
Richard was recommended by a friend. I immediately felt comfortable and relaxed. He was a good listener, easy to talk to and his manner was reassuring and helpful. I can't thank him enough for seeing us smoothly through this traumatic time.
I lost my husband in his early 50's and Richard took over with great empathy, kindness and discretion. The professionalism of both him and his team was exemplary, even down to organising the traffic so that my husband's biker friends could follow us to the funeral. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you.
Nothing was too much trouble. Everything from start to finish was absolutely perfect, the attention to details also superb including the timing of the drivers closing on both car doors, in my eyes, with that attention to detail I knew my Dad was in safe hands
I cannot recommend Richard enough for his compassion, professionalism and kind and thoughtful approach when dealing with myself and my family at such a difficult time. Nothing was too much bother for Richard.
We can't rate Westcountry Funeral Service high enough for their level of compassion .... nothing was ever too much trouble. Excellent communication throughout the whole process and everything was done to a high professional standard. I would highly recommend Westcountry Funeral Service.
From start to finish the professional service that we received was excellent. We would recommend this company to anyone who sadly is in need of this service.
Throughout the undertakers were superb, calm, stewarding agents of remarkable humanity... It was an incredible experience - a good disturbance of the heart.
Richard took over and gave our father's funeral dignity. An excellent all round service that I have no hesitation in recommending.
.. they looked after my mum, and all the details with the highest standard and went above and beyond.
...unbelievable from start to finish. It is rare to find such a truly personal service
From the moment we contacted Richard we knew our loved one, and the family, were in the safest hands. Outstanding care, service and value for money